Ron Basso
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 26 2005 10:13 PM
Re: Round 2, Ding Dingg

What a storm? I was thinking today (a rare event) that we have the most sophisticated models, brainpower, satelittes, radar, MET obs, and the NHC still missed the SW turn once KAT came onshore. Now, we've seen this dramatic swing in the models to the west which I must say climatology would suggest. But, the steering currents are weak. I just remember back to 1985 with Hurricane Elena, for those of us old enough to remember. The predicted path was P'Cola or Mobile, kinda foggy now, but then she stalled, turned east to about 60 miles off Cedar Key, stalled again, and then pushed off W-NW to LA. Right now, I think its wait and see for probably the next 24-48 hrs. I put the entire Gulf Coast east of TX under a watching mode. A weakening ridge and advancing trough introduce a good amount of uncertainty to the forecast. The storm seems to have slowed the last 2 hours or so with even a hint at a NW jog. So, lets see what it does.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocal...mp;prodnav=none

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center