JG
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Aug 27 2005 02:28 AM
Re: Katrina's Forecast Track Shifts West, Northern Gulf Needs to Watch

Quote:

I found this site a few months ago. Thanks to all for the great information.

I am in Fort Collins, Co. so my only direct connection to hurricanes is that Dr. Grey works at nearby Colorado State Univeristy. I know his group makes a forcast for the number of storms each season.

Anyway, here is my question.
How likely will Katrina disrupt oil production in the GOM? I know the forcast is changing and no knows were the storm will go.

It seems this is one storm that could affect everyone in the United States not just the unlucky ones along the coast.

Doug Baker

Per CNN & Fox News the rigs began evacuating this afternoon. But that was before the shift west. They could clear out all of the LA coastal rigs tommorrow if the forecast path remains consistent tommorrow.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center