Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Aug 27 2005 12:36 PM
Re: Katrina Strengthens - Destination Uncertain

>>From exprience with Dennis and Ivan, both storms ended up further East than what was projected. Can't go by the models. Everyone up here should be prepared.

I agree with that. Even if the 5am landfall track held, you guys all the way to Ft. Walton & Destin would be in on at least close to tropical storm winds. I thnk she's going in east of here but not as far east as I originally thought. If I'm anywhere between Cocodrie and Destin right now, I'm weighing my options and figuring out what I'm going to do. I gotta go to the store this morning then hook up with my dad to find out what his final decision is then clean up the yard of debris. I'm sure most of you on the northern Gulf can relate.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center