Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Aug 27 2005 12:44 PM
Re: Katrina Strengthens - Destination Uncertain

Quote:

Wow..what a horrible day to be boarding up..95 degrees, I can't wait...this track reminds me so much of Ivan, and I really hate it that we are just about to lose long range radar....unlike Dennis thou, there has been no recent upwelling of water in the Gulf and the temps all the way to the coast are very warm..and the slow speed is going to create a huge storm surge for somebody, possibly all across the central and NE gulf coast

I think you can wait until tomorrow to board up in Pensacola - maybe, anyway - from the standpoint of having time to just board up (if you're not going anywhere but just putting boards up). I *really* hope that Katrina does not hit Pensacola. Nothing against New Orleans, but Pensacola still has not fully recovered from Ivan and, well, Pensacola landfall would put me just outside of the really nasty stuff (140+ MPH winds projected).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center