GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 27 2005 02:57 PM
Re: Katrina Strengthens - Destination Uncertain

I am no guy but I went and looked at the surface analysis on the Atlantic Tropical Discussion page and there are a couple of distinct highs(higher than the pressure in the hurricane) one over Texas and one over Alabama /Tennesee AND unless I am missing a few marbles(very likely), the hurricane will still follow the path of least resistance. This being said could still have the hurricane following the warmest water for fuel and into the big bend area. The trough picking up the hurricane would speed things along. This is not to be confused with a meterologist who does know what is going on.
I am really considering a trip to walmart to get a simple compass to be able to visualize the angle of motion on this storm. Either way it is fascinating. Just so long as is fizzles before hitting land. By the way here in Central Florida we are having some elevated breezes from the southeast

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center