damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 27 2005 04:37 PM
Re: still haven't prepared

Rick - Anyone in the cone of error i would say is not ok.....you should be preparing now, while there is time. Shutters should be up, bags packed, car gassed up, etc... Better to be safe than sorry. I don't know why people get mad when they get evac'd and it turns out they didn't have to. Wouldn't you want to be safe than sorry? People need to get off the computer and start listening to their local outlets for instructions, evacs, routes to take, etc.....You are not going to find local info on here about that stuff.

I would hate to see people in the cone be in grave danger because they sat on their computer hoping and wishing for a shift right or left. If i lived in NO or any where close......i'd be in Texas or the Carolinas by now.

Sorry if i am preaching, but you don't want to mess with a Cat 4 or Cat 5. I wouldn't even ride one out in a shelter....but i am a wuss..LOL....i would rather stay in a motel for a day or two - at a safe distance. There are a lot of folks on here that live in that cone....please be safe and god bless.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center