Genesis
(Weather Guru)
Sat Aug 27 2005 04:49 PM
Re: still haven't prepared

My boards went up yesterday morning.

It only takes me an hour and a half to do - if I do it in nice weather in the cool of the morning.

If I have to do it in 40mph squalls, then it takes a LOT longer and is a totally MISERABLE experience.

Do it now folks, while its nice out and easy. If you spend the hour or two and its for nothing, you've lost an hour. If you can't get it done for some reason, it could be your LIFE.

Do not screw around with this storm. While the models are all converged now, and have been for the last 24 hours or so, the fact remains that it can and WILL shift, and confidence is high only for a direct impact anywhere in the cone. Especially to the EAST of the impact point there will be serious problems in the areas of surge and wind. Inland the rain impact could be severe as well.

I do not consider Pensacola "out of the woods" by any means; I'm 40nm east of there, and I'm boarded up. If it appears necessary we WILL leave. I am not fooling around with this storm - and this is coming from someone who stayed for both Ivan and Dennis, right here, and didn't find either "intolerable."

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center