Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 27 2005 06:13 PM
Re: still haven't prepared

Quote:

Still lots of questions concerning where this will end up, but the models seem to have a good consensus. Having said that, I'm not so sure that's a lock, she's still at a low latitude. I haven't seen much trend east with the models, but we'll have to wait for tonight's runs. I can see the trough in the plains moving SE on WV under a big low in the Upper midwest, but how far will it reach? I'm also interested in 90L, which should be classified as a depression now, as convection is wrapping nicely. Will this be a labor day event? First things first....Katrina. Cheers!!

What's up?

As for Katrina...the more wnw motion hasn't come into play yet. If we don't see a more northerly component by tomorrow afternoon, then I could imagine a landfall WEST of NO. That would be a very, very bad scenario for that city. I also think that Katrina may be going through an ERC at this point. The core of the storm looks a little disorganized right now. With that being said, Katrina could bomb out later tonight.

90L looks very good this afternoon. It's not of much importance attm given the massive threat that Katrina is posing. That may change over time though. The models are somewhat spread out with their future tracks of this disturbance. We have plenty of time to watch it .

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center