Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Aug 27 2005 09:23 PM
Re: New Orleans Prepares for Katrina

Quote:

Vortex shows not much movement during the ERC. Not sure if that will translate into a resumption west or west north west or the beginnings of another track. Of interest is the attachment which appears courtesy of wxman57 (a professional meterologist in Houston who is a frequent s2k poster). Enjoy or not.

Steve

I'm getting very concerned. Looking at the visible loop, and overlaying the forecast positions, the new eye appears to be forming too far north to continue a westward motion. The entire central dense overcast seems shifted northward from the forecast position (but not west/east of it). Probably a wobble but enough of one to scare me right now.

ETA thoughts in response to Pcola: Yeah... my thoughts would be something along the lines of OH ****!

Let me clarify that... it DOES appear to me on visible and IR sat that Katrina is moving, at least in terms of the eye location... moving north or NNW or *maybe* NW. But as mets will say, we can pay much attention to wobbles.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center