Steve H1
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 27 2005 11:00 PM
Re: New Orleans Prepares for Katrina

Notice how the CDO is elongating from the south to north. I sense that some northward motion is imminent. The deepest convection shown on the Dvorak loop in grey is not the center. I have been looking at this storm six different ways during past few hours, and the center does appear a bit further north than previously. On visibles it is the "nipple" that is right in the center of the deepest banding. This feature is definitely north of the heavier banding we saw earlier this afternoon, when it was difficult to discern the center. I don't know for sure, let's see what the recon finds. Yes, 90L is getting better organized as it continues west, and should be classified soon.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center