Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 28 2005 01:02 AM
Re: President Bush declares State of Emergency in Louisiana

Quote:

Trust me, it wasn't an insult or attack to anyone, and I am not suggesting that we obsess over one point... we just keep saying north and that point was a definite west, so I wanted to show that each point can show a significantly different direction, so again, we should not obsess over each point...
Hugh... look again on the WV, although completely irrelevant to the overall discussion the point I am referring to was indeed west, meaning towards Texas, not east, meaning towards Florida. In fact, now I can say the same thing about the 00:15 point.... but, I am not trying to give a point by point perspective, just relaying that the northern motion may have been EWR related...

I agree, point-by-point comparison is rather silly. My comparison between the 23:45 point was to compare it to the forecast position for that time, not the relative motion. Katrina has move less west than she was forecast to at the 4pm CT forecast, thus far at least. The north "jog" MAY have been EWR related, I'll grant that. - also known as a "wobble"... but the overall presentation of Katrina - while becoming more and more impressive, is also becoming somewhat polar-oriented. The outflow is now approaching the Big Bend to the NE of Katrina, but has not gonna any closer to N.O. (well maybe a bit). The actual vortex may not have turned yet, and that is what the recon will tell us.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center