ralphfl
(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 28 2005 03:46 AM
Re: Hurricane Warning Up Morgan City, LA to FL/Alabama Border

Quote:

it's SOUTH of Florida still. If it turns N or even NNW, it hits Florida. And it's also possible it COULD swing a bit NNE. History means something.

It's more likely that it will end up between Biloxi and the AL/FL line, though.. in which case, Pensacola is in for a rough time of it again. Someone kept mentioning that it keeps looking like Gulf Shores again... and I'm not sure I disagree.

The other poster beat me to it.These models [http://euler.atmos.colostate.edu/~vigh/guidance/atlantic/early1.png (SORRY WRONG LINK are tight and no a little more then we do.To say it will more likely end up well east of where the experts AND the models say is not a good thing when you are talking about lives in LA who might say we are ok then get hit with a 150mph cane.

The reason i get so upset with people saying stuff like that is last year people on these sites said Its coming to tampa better evac now when charlie came.....Now when they posted that on here some people with no clue got scared and left a safe location in tampa for a spot in Orlando where they were killed.

Its about lives.

-- edit -- 2 folks lost their life in Orlando from Charlie and neither of the two were folks who evacuated from another area.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center