Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Aug 28 2005 04:06 AM
Re: Hurricane Warning Up Morgan City, LA to FL/Alabama Border

I honestly don't think that people from Florida WANT another storm here. I think what you are observing are possible scenarios that could effect PARTS of Florida. It is correct that at this time the current forecast track looks good, but as we all know hurricanes can and will deviate from current tracks. Katrina was supposed to hit near WPB; she ended up slamming Miami and the Keys, and I believe there was only one model that had that scenario. So there is some reasoning behind people saying it could shift more eastward. As of yet, that has not happened, it may not happen, but it COULD happen. Unfortunately, many of us have learned the hard way that hurricane forecasting is not an exact science and that they are very fickle. Those of us in Florida do not want anyone to go through what we've been through, nor do we want to go through it again ourselves.
Time will eventually tell the story of what exactly will happen with Katrina.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center