errorcone
(Registered User)
Sun Aug 28 2005 12:11 PM
Re: CAT 5 160mph!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Just noticed the GFDL and UKMET models turn Katrina a little NE before landfall and turns it to the AL/MS line. Could that possibly happen? I know Ivan turned a bit NE before landfall. This thing freaks me out. This is like Andrew but like triple the size!

908mb! Isn't that what Camille was??

This thing should freak you out. if you're in Pensacola.

There's been so much focus on NO and Biloxi. Pensacola is basically in the error cone. You should be focusing on that. If this thing hits say 15 miles W of Pensacola you don't need me to tell you how bad it could be.

If I were in Pensacola I would probably be boarded up and leaving today. But that's just me. I'd rather err on the side of living and safe as opposed to focusing on the line that we all know better then to focus on.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center