toemastergeneral
(Registered User)
Sun Aug 28 2005 12:28 PM
Re: CAT 5 160mph!!!!!!!!

Quote:

I was just wondering...exactly how much traffic is there on I-10 eastbound right now? Are there still tons of cars on the road? I hope we don't see some kind of event where we have evacuees being flooded away in their cars.

As you reach Pensacola going east on I-10 you are going to hit a bottleneck as you make your way to the Escambia Bay Bridge. They are doing a ton of roadwork abot 5 miles west of the bridge and I would imagine that with this mass exodus it's gonna be bumper to bumper there. One alternative is to take I10 to I-110 (exit 12 towards downtown and Pensacola Beach), go through Gulf Breeze (hwy 98) to the Garcon Point Bridge and re-emerge back onto I-10. It will take you out of your way a little but you will not be sitting in traffic.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center