Grant
(Registered User)
Sun Aug 28 2005 02:36 PM
Re: No Evacuations?!?!?

One has to wonder what the ramifications of a full mandatory evacuation, as well as such a disastrous storm making landfall in the area of such a major city. I've already seen local gas stations here in my area ratcheting up gas prices. I'm not a huge expert on economics, but don't we have several refineries in Louisiana? I remember seeing a lot of them along 10 on the other side of Baton Rouge, but I don't exactly know if there are any in the NO Metro area. I think there is a major port there, as well.

I hope everyone stays safe in this awful storm. One would think witnessing history would be exciting, but this just leaves a pit in my stomach.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center