Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 28 2005 09:33 PM
Re: East to Biloxi/Pascagoola

Just a note to let all my CFHC friends that I've been much to busy to post.... I've finished all my preps and will still stay in Biloxi but not near the beach.... I'm 20 feet above sea level but I've put anything of value either 3 feet higher or on my second floor.... packing up my two bassets, generator and chain saw and will be heading out...

when the 5:00 advisory came out and shifted the storm .3 degrees west I was almost overcome with elation, until I realized the depth of my selfishness, that I'm wanting this beast to go to a place that will be so much more worse than if it hit me... I've accepted the fact that there is a real possibility of losing my home.. that's the price one has to pay for living on the beach... BIloxi will be devistated for sure, but IF it continues to track 55-60 miles to our west it does not make it a worse case scenario for us but for New Orleans.. any deviations back to the east will be so gut wrenching that I'm afraid to see the next forecast update... regardless, soon we will be able to track on radar and we will know exactly what Katrina will do... it is much easier for me to track and monitor a storm when I'm not directly affected or its a minor storm... but when you are facing perhaps one of the greatest storms in our history your priorities change drastically... total and complete preparation is all you think about, have I done absolutely everything possible .... well i think I have done everything possible to save my house but still I have no idea what I'll have when I get back...

I probably won't be able to post for some time after this so to all my good CFHC family friends keep up the great work and I hope your passion for storms never fades... and to all my friends in harms way this evening and tomorrow... a special good luck and god speed....

Frank P

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center