Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Mon Aug 29 2005 01:17 AM
Re: ERC?

I'll tell you what...looking at those pictures on TV of the people trying to leave New Orleans scares the heck out of me. Are those people going to make it to safety before tomorrow morning?
I just heard that the bottom of the Superdome will be under water; that's why they have all the people in the stands.
I still cannot comprehend the strength of this storm. It baffles the mind that something like this could actually happen.
I think it was FNC that had the former director of FEMA on and they are saying that the loss of human lives could be between 20,000 - 50,000 people. She had him repeat it because it's unbelievable.
I am still praying that this monster weakens somehow, and despite the people who say that they doubt it will, I still have my faith in the Big Guy and right now He's about the only one who can do anything about this.
I hope that all the people here on this forum that are in the path of this storm are long gone and safe. You know who you are...and you BETTER NOT respond to this!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center