BTfromAZ
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Aug 29 2005 03:30 AM
Re: Is she strenghtening again

Quote:

ya'll might as well say it...hell...i'm done with any more edits tonight...post away about gas prices...

Assuming you mean that, I will try to say again what was deleted earlier, not because it's about gas PRICES but because it's about gas AVAILABILITY and may make what is a local disaster, however awful, into a national one. 30% of US gasoline is refined in the 12 or so refineries in the path of this storm. Also in the storm's path are 500,000 barrels per day of production and the only US oil terminal capable of offloading the largest oil tankers. The Mayor of New Orleans has said this is potentially a catastrophe for the country, not just for his city.

I personally love New Orleans. I go there every winter if I can and I really love it. I've also travelled all through the Mississippi and Alabama Gulf coast and while I don't want to see any of it destroyed, for the sake of the nation and the national economy, we will all be better off if the storm veers somewhat east and spares the oil industry in southern Louisiana. That's a fact.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center