Disaster Master
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Aug 29 2005 05:29 AM
Re: Toxicity and Envorinmental dangers

80-90mph wind in Grand Isle at this time. Red you are correct. The scope of this event is off the charts. Everyone in the country was glued to the television on 9-11-2001. Tomorrow will be the same. I fear that the loss of life will be much greater. It makes me think about the 70's . Along the Mississippi in the 70's companys used to spray oil waste on the dirt roads to keep the dust down during dry summers. Doing a simple Google search will expose alot of info that people do not know about. There are towns that where evacuated and fenced off due to chemical contamination alone. These are now ghost towns. Still fenced off by the Corp of Eng. Search : Mississipi River ghost towns . Ill call my father who is a GA for the National Flood Insurance Program for the names of towns and post in a few minutes.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center