Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 29 2005 04:53 PM
Re: Gulfport Tidal Flooding

I just realized he wouldn't have called me if he didn't know things were pretty bad. I just realized that they would never evac the sub station unless the water was still rising and they would drown in the building if they stayed there. But that means there is no other place that is not under water. He said they couldn't survive outside in the wind. I believe it because of the force of things that were flying through the air and hitting their car.

Oh I just realized something else he told me. My mind is only working in sections or something.

He said they are going to use the ATV to break down a wall. I think that is how they are going to get people out of the building. I guess they can't be safe running out the door.

So if they take the first load and find there is nowhere to take them, the water will keep rising and they will drown outside.

I know even if he doesn't survive it is ok with him because he is doing everything he is supposed to do. I just this is really hard.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center