Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 29 2005 05:51 PM
Re: Gulfport Tidal Flooding

Quote:

Margie i also send that info to a contact at FNC. It will air when they get a confident confimation. Help gets places quiker when there is a little pressure applied.

I don't know what FNC is.

I looked at the radar. Right now Jackson County is getting hammered with bands and the wind direction is from the SSW, which means water is continuing to get pushed up there, even if it is no longer the case along the western MS coast. I can see there is a very intense band that just went right through that part of the county, and more coming. So I know the water is still rising there and continuing to rise, and that the winds will still be high there for some time, and I am a logical person and so I know they had no place left that wasn't underwater, and couldn't survive above it.

I just saw that picture of the I-10 bridge in Mobile that goes out from the city towards Pensacola. However people who have not lived there don't understand the implications of this and how high the bridge is, and how impossible such an image is to comprehend. So if it is that way in Mobile then I understand how it is in Jackson County, which is closer to the eye.

It is ok but I know that there is no chance for them. My brother is the type of person who at the last would probably try to take a cilivilan and keep them afloat as long as it was possible, and he would be ok with that.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center