Genesis
(Weather Guru)
Mon Aug 29 2005 06:28 PM
Re: Gulfport Tidal Flooding

Quote:

My mother-in-law lives on the harbor on Holiday Isle in Destin..... She had to evac. yesterday, I wonder how the place is fairing...

The road in there is closed beyond Sandpiper. Holiday Isle gets hosed bad by these storms - every time. I expect damage similar to Dennis, and perhaps significantly worse, as there is little protection from the waves over there.

I doubt I will be able to get in there to get pictures, but might be able to get some idea from the bridge, if I can get over it (98 is washed out on Okaloosa Island; no report on whether it just got flooded or was damaged again yet)

More when I know......

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center