KATFIVE
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Aug 30 2005 03:47 AM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

I'm sure many of you have been watching CNN, FOX etc. The scope of the disaster is more than I imagined. As of early afternoon, I thought perhaps that we had dodged a bullet. Now it seems that we have a catastrophic situation in some locals, and the extent of the damage is only slowly coming to light. It scares me that we don't hear much about some areas (grand isle, st. louis bay, and other areas). It seems the potential for major loss of life is much greater than any US-landing hurricane in my experience. The only small grace is it could have been much much worse, but that is no solace, for the good people of LA, MS, AL and FL.....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center