charlottefl
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Aug 30 2005 03:55 PM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

I have to give a lot of credit to orginizations such as FEMA, American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, and too many others to name. They work incredibly hard in the face of such disaster and are really going to be a lifeline to the areas affected by this storm. If I could be up there with one of them I would in a heartbeat. I live in Port Charlotte and we were in the inner eyewall of hurricane Charley and those are the people who I consider the real heroes, them and all local emergency officals. They made sure we knew what to do during the storm as well as fed us and gave us water when none was available, and it was them that stayed in the area when national news stopped covering the story. At least one of these orginizations will have my financial support in lieu of this storm.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center