BTfromAZ
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Aug 30 2005 07:09 PM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

I know they won't complain and I know they'll do what they can, but it's far from enough. I don't want to get carried away on this ubject but what disturbs me is that so far, I have seen evidence of scattered local "first responders" (cops and firemen in small boats) and a few Coast Guard helos in action, but what we need here is a massive effort to get to survivors in places like Grande Isle, Bay St. Louis, Pass Chrisitian and so on before they succumb. Remember that in most disasters like this, the majority of deaths come AFTER the storm is over--people electrocuting themselves and such--and that's not counting rising water from a levee break. If a CNN reported could get to Bay St. Louis this morning (as I saw on TV), why can't some form of Federal response? That summarizes my point. I think today is the day when it has to start to minimize loss of life.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center