StormKrone
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Aug 31 2005 12:48 AM
Re: Katrina Aftermath Continues

To Ryan: my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

I am also deeply saddened (and disgusted) to report this from Tallahassee. It seems that Katrina evacuees in our fair city (read sarcasm) are being told by motels that they have to vacate their rooms by Friday since all motels are booked for the upcoming Miami/FSU game.

And, to add insult to injury, the churches that are being used as shelters want the evacuees out so that they (churches) can prepare for Sunday services.

So much for asking, "what can I do to help?"

I am doing what I can to get the word out to see how the community-at-large will respond to this situation.

At all cost, business-- the bottom line -- will prevail.. Also, please note that this is a restrained post, I restrained from saying what I'd really like to say.
i'll say it for you. the hell with business. these places are shelters for refugees. football games and church services will have to take a back seat. that is the way things are now. --HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center