Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Wed Aug 31 2005 12:59 AM
Re: Katrina Aftermath Continues

I share and extend my heartfelt sympathies to all (esp. Ryan) who have suffered greatly through this horrific natural disaster. We suffered in small comparison last year through 3 canes in Florida, and our minor inconveniences, which seemed so difficult to bear then, seem now to be selfishly extravagant.

I just watched the video of the poor gentleman whose wife was pulled away from his grip when his house split apart. I'd read about it before, but hadn't seen it on video. The emotion is so heart-wrenching it brings tears to my eyes, and I'm not a softie really. Then I just saw video of people rescuing a guy from the attic of his house. His exhaustion was so profound, and the look of joyous relief to be rescued just continues to pull at my soul while I sit here watching.

I'm blessed because, when it gets too hard, I can turn the channel to get some relief. My heart goes out to those whose lives don't have a channel to change to feel better.

God bless all of you affected by this tragedy. Our prayers go out to you.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center