VandyBrad
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Aug 31 2005 01:27 AM
Re: Katrina Aftermath Continues

Quote:

CNN is broadcasting comments from a WDSU (NO NBC affiliate) reporter who says their station's transmitter was "fried" but, worse yet, they found it impossible to report the story from New Orleans because people were demanding their reporters hand over their cameras or anything else that could be used for barter. The station has packed up and moved to Jackson, MS!!! He also mentioned reports of car-jacking and a policeman being shot. What we have here, folks, is anarchy and it will only get worse until large numbers of military troops arrive. Where are they?

My brother is stationed at Ft. Polk, LA. He was due to return to Iraq from RR to complete his second term there. As I last heard, they were due to leave yesterday. I'm not sure if that occurred or not but it seems to me that he would be better off serving in his own backyard than returning at a time like this.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center