Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Aug 31 2005 03:23 AM
Re: Katrina Aftermath Continues

Just a question: where would they get the gas to operate all of these boats? I did hear somebody say at the FEMA press conference that they are thinking of bringing in planes to get those people out.
Seems like so many logistical problems, none of which seem to have any good answers.
Not to be even more depressing, but my hubby is an ME and he said there is no way those levees are going to hold because the pressure of the water. He said those pumps were only supposed to withstand a Cat 2 or 3 storm.
37,000 National Guard troops are on their way to N.O. They better be running, because I have a feeling things are going to go from bad to worse inside that Dome.
We are human, yes...but when we face situations like this, we turn to survival tactics...and sometimes turn into animals. I think what we are seeing now is people trying to survive one by one.
What we need right now is the same person who parted the Red Sea to step in and part Lake Ponchatrain.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center