Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Aug 31 2005 03:57 AM
Danny & Other Stuff

I don't remember who posted about Danny, but I can tell you this: he works the night shift dispatching ambulances, so he may be on duty and not be able to respond.
I'm not sure exactly what city this is happening in (Kennis, LA?) but they are bringing in school buses to take refugees "points north".
As for the Superdome, now I understand why they took away the combs with the pointy ends. If they are not letting anybody else in at this point, I think that the only gunshots you will hear will come from the National Guard. I have heard reports of looters breaking into sporting goods stores and taking as much ammunition as they could. That's a scary thought.
Aaron Brown made a comment about why it took so long to get more National Guard troops in...I think that it may have something to do with N.O. imposing martial law today. I don't think, as he does, that it was a case of poor planning.
Anyway...I'm off to bed...full of thanks that I have one to sleep in.
Nite all.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center