Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 31 2005 06:14 AM
Re: Administrative Note

Regarding Danny.... I spoke to him on Monday around noon (I think). He worked the night before and had been able to get home safely before the storm. I asked him to call me when the storm had safely passed, but I haven't heard back from him. I have called many times hoping to get through and even sent a text message. It could just be related to the phone problem....

Regarding Eden Isles in Slidell... I heard an account that the Old Spanish Trail area appeared to be part of the Lake. I'm thinking since Eden Isles was so close and so low that they were completely underwater. I understand water has subsided in Slidell somewhat however, and as of today north of Gause was not flooded (which doesn't mean it wasn't in Monday).

My parents in Covington were finally able to speak to a neighbor who stayed home for the storm. A lot of her area was ok, but she had what was described as 100 trees on her roof from three tornados that went through the area. The people across the street from her had to be pulled out from their house by my neighbors. These same people have been the clearing crew for the area. They rode on 4-wheelers and used chainsaws to clear roads for everyone. They felt that it would be several weeks before anyone even thought about electricity in this area... and this wasn't a hard hit area. The silver lining here is that these regular people have done a lot to help their area... I'm impressed.

I still don't know about my place... I hope it's ok, since most of my extended family lost everything and it would be nice to have something to offer.

I'm especially worried about my relatives in ocean springs, ms. They weren't very smart about evacuating and tried to return Monday afternoon to their houses. We haven't been able to talk to them since we text messaged on Monday and learned they couldn't get back in. I heard that everything south of the railroad tracks in MS was destroyed.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center