Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 31 2005 12:30 PM
Re: Katrina Aftermath Continues

They really are heroes down the line. They knew their own homes were going to be destroyed, and they just went to work at the EOC on Sunday. And I know my brother would have helped people survive even if it meant he did not make it. I have to say I am probably just not made of that same stuff. Going out and doing rescue after rescue in those conditions, and only being sorry that you couldn't do more rescues.

Now they are working around the clock with hardly any sleep, to get as many survivors as they can.

I guess after a couple days that will slow down and I don't know what the focus is after that, I guess getting everyone that survived a place to live in. I don't think tents are going to work down there, with the fire ants and such. I think in a couple days that is what is going to be hardest for them; having some time finally to go back to what is left of their home, and facing the long-term recovery effort.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center