LI Phil
(User)
Wed Aug 31 2005 01:23 PM
Re: words are inadequate to describe Katrina

rick...

thanks for checking in...you would not believe how many pm's (and of course posts on the boards as well) i got inquiring if you had made it...thank god you're alive, that's all i can say! what you and millions of others now face is daunting, unprecedented...scary

but the important thing is that you are alive

on a completely unrelated note, i just wanted to convey one thing: my weather here...katrina's remnants are making their way well west of me, but the air is as moist and tropical as i can ever remember feeling...worse by far than any of the remnants of last years storms that eventually made their way up here...this just shows to go ya just how STRONG katrina was/is...very windy now (and last year ivan's remnants ripped siding off my condo...so these things can still pack a whallop more than 1,000 miles from their original landfall)...i can only imagine how bad it had to have been down south ...well, no i can't.

peace ya'll & KEEP THE FAITH!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center