TheSkyGuy-in-OZ
(Registered User)
Wed Aug 31 2005 02:50 PM
Re: Categorizing Katrina

Hi, to all
I've just signed up after a week of using your site for Hurricane information
Firstly I'd like to say I'm saddened by all your losses of life and hoping mother nature will be kinder in the future
But I need to let you know that people in Australia (and I guess other countries) get there information
on these events from your main stream media and they have been telling us (up to about now) that
katrina's impact only caused some flooding and roof damage
One of my friends even told me he herd a report on TV from CNN the Katrina was over-hyped?
I think this is why it has taken us and other countries so long to respond to this disaster
I don’t watch any TV or listen to radio, and all my information has come from you guys here
(And a great job you are doing too)
Now that the truth is filtering thou, people are shocked (and finally believing what I've been telling them)
and will be trying to help in any way possible

Anyway I hope my post is suitable for this dissuasion

I am hoping the storms will be Lesser in the coming month and years for you
We are expecting a more intense cyclone season this year and next and are hoping we don’t get a Katrina

Stay Safe, Think Smart, Leave Before The Storm!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center