BTfromAZ
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Aug 31 2005 07:27 PM
Re: death toll

HF: Tragically, I can't think why you call this death toll "unbelievable". I quite expected it and I think "over a thousand" may be conservative--try "thousands". Look at those houses in New Orleans as the helos fly over the rooftops. Consider that in every one of those attics may well be an exhausted, dehydrated senior with the sun beating down on that roof, no food, no water. Then consider all the houses that simply no longer exist in southern Mississippi and how many of them may have been occupied when they were "disappeared". When the water goes down and somebody checks those attics and they begin examining the debris in MS, I expect they will find many, many bodies.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center