Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 01 2005 03:03 AM
Re: gas

Thanks for the links guys. "Glad" to find that awful video again, I was unable to download it, so I am still looking for it in a form I can save so that I might include it. I sent CNN a request in an email, but I am sure they are swamped right now.

In regards to the Mayor pulling the cops off the rescue mission, I feel that he did this because the situation in the city was spiraling out of control and he felt that if he let it go unchecked more people would die as a result of the security problems than the number who would die that are still awaiting rescuing. (Also the armed gangs likely would have hampered the recovery efforts that will start soon, and it will likely take days to ease the problem.)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center