Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 01 2005 06:55 PM
Re: Tropical Depression 14 Forms in Central Atlantic, No Threat to Land

Quote:

Your absolutely correct. Not everyone has failed. Yes, there has been mistakes but this is uncharted territory. Even with tons of planning it would be a total mess. I've been watching footage for the last 30 minutes of blackhawk chopper after chopper bringing in injured. I think they would be rather offended to be called failures. Lots of people need water and food. It would be a heck of a lot easier to get to them if we weren't shot at.

I completely agree. As I said in my earlier post, the only ones I called failures were the city/state/national leaders .(I made no mention of those working in the areas, only the "brains at the very top") The rescue workers themselves have performed above and beyond the call of duty... these men and women are heroes. My post specifically is talking about the catastrophic situation in New Orleans, not about any other area affected by Katrina. The effects of the storm should come as no suprise to anyone, the effects of a hurricane on the city has been studied perhaps more than any other disaster scenario for YEARS. (And when it comes to state leaders I refer only to Louisiana. Unlike officials in LA, the governors of Texas, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi have done an amazing job.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center