Takingforever
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 01 2005 08:03 PM
Re: Tropical Depression 14 Forms in Central Atlantic, No Threat to Land

Quote:

Why we can't react better. From the reports inside New Orleans (not just some reports... all reports) there is virtually no organization.

Well I think the blame comes down to how everyone is seperated. if everyone was in the Dome and it didn't fall apart and the tolets didn't run over, we see a better story right now.

But with all of stories of "Everyone for themselves" on the blog networks I'm reading(the#1 source for info from the human POV), I can see why no matter how many police/guards there were, most wouldn't listen to them in the first place(I read many stayed in NO because they wanted to protect there livelihood, idiots). I think we can blame culture in the Big Easy for that one.

I mean they could of started beating people and shooting them if they didn't listen..but hey I don't think anyone would want that...after all in some spots the poeple out number the police/guards. This isn't a small town in Mississippi or Florada with a coupel of thousand of peoplewho got hit by a hurricane or one section of New york City fall down, we are talknig about a whole major city(Million plus) and it suburbs with tens of thousand of people trying to get ot one place(The Superdome) and others doing what they need to do to survive, since most of them(Black) don't trust the goverment in the first palce...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center