Rick on boat in Mobile
(Weather Drama Guru)
Thu Sep 01 2005 08:19 PM
consider this

there are situations in life where there is no available help right away. That's the way it is. Sad, but true. And to suggest humans are capable of producing perfect scenarios is unrealistic. The best thing to do is help...

We humans sometimes get ourselves into situations that we cause. But even if that is so...officials can't just wave a stick and it happens....Only God can do that...

I have a work mate who'se sister lives here in Mobile...inland 30 miles. Her name is Katrina. She decided to ride out the hurricane in Long Beach, Mississippi, about 1.2 miles from the GOM, because she wanted to be there for the "excitement".

Now my workmate's wife and parents are traveling there to hopefully find her.

I heard an elderly woman walked for a solid 24 hours and made it to the French Quarter..where it is drier and there is food.

Perhaps they need to just "walk, swim, wade...out of New Orleans..don't know.

as for the looters and rapers....if the government or police don't catch them, they still won't get away with it.
The Creator is watching, and they WILL render an account.

The best thing to do is provide help, one way or another.

Criticizing this situation may make people give up. Hope is what they need...not despair. When they lose hope, is when they die.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center