wannabemet
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 01 2005 09:22 PM
Re: Tropical Depression 14 Forms in Central Atlantic, No Threat to Land

Just wanted to say about your post...in freeking incredible! Why would we planning officials not have heeded this kind of warning? As a native CA, I guess I can kind of understand this mentality, cause most officials are not prepared for a major earthquake when it comes.

I hope the reports of a possible tropical formation off the east coast of Florida is completely incorrect. To any real mets out there...I know there have been discussions in the past about how much one storm can affect sea tempertures by mixing the different "layers" of water, and thus prevent another storm from brewing up? Since Katrina created storm surges of 20+ ft, would that have an impact on current Gulf surface temps? Would enough mixing have occured that it would prevent another Cat 3-5 from forming if that low travels across FL as possibly anticipated? What are the surface temps out there right now?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center