BillD
(User)
Fri Sep 02 2005 01:00 AM
Re: a solution for the gangs shooting at rescue choppers...

Great pic LI Phil! I just do not get the looter mentality at all. I remember after Andrew driving down US1 into Cutler Ridge (I had friends of the family down there we had not heard from, as well as family down in Naranja) any way, while waiting at a National Guard checkpoint I remember watching looters stealing CD's from a big music store. I never could figure that out, we didn't have power for weeks, what were they going to do with those CD's?

I can understand someone not having had something to eat for several days wanting to snag a couple of cans of tuna, but what do you do with 100 pairs of BVD's?

To get this back on topic, I am watching 92L and do not like what I see. It is too early to really tell what it is going to do, but it has all the makings... It will all depend on what the ridge(s) do over the next week or so.

And a quick Katrina report from South Florida. I was not prepared. My power went out about 6:30 PM Thursday, and it wasn't until about 9:00 PM that I realized this was not just a tropical storm. To make a long story short, I just got my power back yesterday and we are still cleaning up. But we were lucky.

Bill

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center