Catmando
(Registered User)
Fri Sep 02 2005 05:06 AM
Re: Future Systems

I have 2 questions please-First, my understanding, although limited, was there would be an increase in landfalls for the next several years becasuse of the bermuda ridge. Is it also forcasted there will be such HIGH amount of storms such as we've seen so far for the next 10-12 years? So bottom line-Is this "cycle" we're in for guidance because of the Bermuda Ridge, or 15-20 storms per year?

Secondly, I see the models represent NHC-GFDL-UKMET-BAMD-BAMM-A98E and LBAR. Besides NHC, can you tell me what those initials stand for, and which ones have a history of being the most accurate. Thanks!

I figured as long as Im sitting here in Vero Beach watching the storms coming in, might as well get some education.....:)

I used to have a really cool signature, but lost it in hurricane Jeanne

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center