NewWatcher
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 02 2005 12:26 PM
Re: Katrina's Influence

Good article... I tell ya it is not a good thing for everyone to keep harping on what should have been done, what could have been done, or whose
fault it is. None of those answers will help the people in New Orleans
and elsewhere. Nobody seemed to be worried enuough in the last hundred years about New Orleans to do anything about it. I used to live in Baton Rouge and visited New Orleans regularly. When you are there the levees and Lake Ponch and The Miss arent something you think about daily. You dont even realize you are below sea level. We cant be ready for everything all the time. My big question now is, since we did get a Cat 4 in N.O. with major devestation, are they planning on rebuilding back the
way it was or what. I am worried about that since NOW we do know what can happen. On the other hand, the city cannot just "not exist" for years in order to rebuild correctly.... or can it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center