luki
(Verified CFHC User)
Fri Sep 02 2005 08:55 AM
Re: Katrina's Influence

I know this post probably dont belong here but i wanted to get this out to as many as I could,Ive been a long time lurker and post only occasionaly due to the fact im still learning about these systems and my imput wouldnt really help,but that beside the matter.Ill get to the point now.
My heart has been breaking for these people throughout the gulf coast,so i decided to do some calling to see what i could do to help beside just donating money,i was given a web site and phone number that can be used to offer to take in a displaced family,apparently theres has been an overwhelming amount of poeple calling in to offer rooms beds etc that the various states felt the web site was needed.
the web site is
www.SHAREYOURHOME.ORG
the number to call is
1-888-827-2525
please pass this along to all you know,even if you can you only place 1 adult thats 1 less person out there wondering where they will go.
Sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center