GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 04 2005 12:34 AM
Re: early september crest

I have been watching the Bahamas and mentally trying to will it to disperse all day. My critters are acting strangely today which is now shaping into a behavior pattern I am familiar with. They become more likely to stay under my feet, pick at each other, and in the case of my birds, screech and holler loudly all day only to be extra quiet when the storm looms close. All of the aforementioned is going on, except the birds are still in screeching mode. Even if nothing forms the animals are experiencing the weather change.
I also had to feed instant grits to my new fire ant bed I found. They greedily attacked the instant grits and hopefully will explode like they are supposed to.... that aside, the fact that they are building beds above the ground mitigates a period of uncertainty. We will see if the bed is still there in the morning.... This is the critter report which is just as meterologically sound as saying the models indicate that a storm will form 166 hours from now in a general location of the gulf states.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center