native
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 06 2005 08:52 PM
Re: uh oh...

Actually Rick (and I know you were only kidding...I hope) If we run out of names, they resort to the Greek alphabet. By the by, how are things in Mobile??

As for the 5pm update, I thought might have been a bit more telling..but alas, mother nature sure does like to be mysterious doesn't she?

Forecaster Avila's comments in the 5pm discussion:
Quote:

I AM A
LITTLE BIT UNCOMFORTABLE BRINGING THE INTENSITY UP FARTHER WHEN THE GFDL DOES NOT STRENGTHEN THE CYCLONE.

are interesting....guess it just goes to show how much they (NHC) value the output of that particular model this year.

weather.sun-sentinel.com/tropical/tracking/at200516_model.html

GFDL is this is awfully far south of the others??? However, being the lay person that I am, I'm not sure if they've been run again and just not updated on that site...although they update adv./tracks faster that NHC's site....go figure.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center