Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 06 2005 05:48 PM
Re: Gulf Of Mexico

first a bit of correction for Thunderbird12: 25mph seems to be the threashold for TD status--in 1995 that is where TD6 was upgraded

i think by now that any speculations from the end of last month about not reaching Dr. Gray's forecast numbers because of a "quiet" August are probably gone. I even expected an active season, and we have 14 storms now, possibly a 15th by this time tomorrow. On average we have 55%-60% of storm activity after August; there were 12 before September, and that may have only been 45% of the season's activity.

Now to the actual storms, Maria is weakening, i think it will be a tropical storm by tomorrow morning of not tonight; Nate appears much better organized than even 12 hours ago, it will become a hurricane tomorrow morning; TD16, while disorganized, appears on satellite to be trying to pull itself together, although i am thinking it will not reach 70mph as forecast but more like 50mph. I am currently under a TS Warning also, so i will be headed to the store after work tonight to by film for my camera

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center