Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Sep 07 2005 01:40 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Warnings Up Titusville to Jupiter Tropical Depression 16 Forms Off Florida Coast

I am going to be keeping a close eye on this storm for various reasons:
1) We are leaving on the autotrain out of Sanford on Thursday to go to D.C. I don't know what trains do when there is a TS or TD just off the coast. Anyone know?
2) My mother and my f-i-l will be here watching the kids for a week. The last thing they need to deal with is a problem storm, but I think I'm far enough to the west that it will be just a rain event.
3) We are taking one car and 5 motorcycles back from D.C. through NC, GA, and Florida. I sure hope this doesn't end up in the mountains. Argh! At this point, between glitches with the trip, a storm sitting off the EC of Florida and other things, I'm beginning to wonder if someone's trying to tell me something! Maybe I should not BE in D.C. on 9/11.

Someone can tell me to take a deep breath at anytime. Please. My nerves are shot.

I did hear Dr. Steve Lyons at 9:15pm or so say it's "drifting" to the NNW. Please keep going N....follow Nate and Maria!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center