Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Wed Sep 07 2005 02:19 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Warnings Up Titusville to Jupiter Tropical Depression 16 Forms Off Florida Coast

Quote:

Thank You Randon Chaos! Its nice having all you pros here on this board! Your posts are very helpful. Thanks again..

I don't consider myself a pro - I just absorb what I learn/read. I've only been tracking tropical storms for about 3 years (though a physics degree helps...as does a strong background in math and a much longer term interest in weather and other dynamical natural systems).

Re Storm Hunter: That track guidence is nuts. I can't tell where anything goes until about 3-4 days out!

Clark: As for the GFDL model, it isn't the missing parts that bother me...its the wrong names and such. Yesterday 93L GFDL at PSU was actually the 94L GFDL. 94L GFDL was the pressure part of the Maria GFDL. Maria was the vorticity part of the Maria GFDL. And FSU hadn't updated with any of the last 3 model runs for some reason. Is the data going onto NECP's FTP servers that erratic? Or is something else going on? Especially becuase the spagetti plot I link to at Colorado State has the latest runs of the GFDL track even though I can't always find the pressure model working anywhere. Really odd...

(I hate to take up a post this way...but it's been slow around here the last week...so I hope the mods don't mind )

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center